About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Justus, I'm a Christian.I attended Patrick Henry College for three semesters, and I transfered to College of the Ozarks in the fall of 2013 where I graduated as an English major in 2016. I love the Lord Jesus Christ the savior of my soul. He has made me new. He leads me in the Old Path; He is the Way. I am not perfect; my Lord is sanctifying me though.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Where from Here Part I

Part I

In the most recent season of my life I've spent a lot of time asking myself and God: "Where can I go from where I am right now?" This is a question we all ask at least once. Many people answer it quickly, others stand in one spot excruciating over the question. (I tend to linger, or rather camp out.)
     Where can I go from here? I have spent my entire life as a student. I love to study, it is who God made me thus. I study to expand my experience and my knowledge. I find the whole thing enjoyable. (Most people don't.) I like to write. (One reason a blog is nice to have.) Knowing all sorts of things helps me to write better. Maybe that's why God made me so curious and studious.
     Right now I'm working and living at home. At first that seemed like a waste of my time. I should be studying! However, I have discovered in working that sometimes being where you never thought you would go can be an invaluable learning experience. One passage that speaks to me as I wait for answers is Psalm 37:3-7.
                                                   "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who carries out wicked schemes."

        This passage tells me to wait, not for an answer to my questions, but for God. My question doesn't really need to be answered; I just need to obey and to trust. 
     In waiting God blesses us. Many things can bring us away from God, but if we repent and wait for Him He will have compassion, and he will be gracious. Isaiah 30:18 speaks of God's perspective in this toward His rebellious children:

                                                  "Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him."

(God does answer those questions, by the way.) I haven't quite figured it out, but I know I will in due time.

-Blessings, Justus

(Psalm 37:3-7, Isaiah 30:18)



No comments:

Post a Comment